Friday, January 15, 2010

My Friday Night Date

There's nothing better than a quiet evening at home curled up on the couch with good book, right?  I think so!  But, how about a quiet FRIDAY NIGHT at home curled up on the couch with THIS:
 

If you can't read the title of the book, it is EMPLOYMENT LAW.  Doesn't the title just make you tingle from your head to your toes??? ;-)  Yes folks, its Friday night and I am trying my hardest to prepare for my SATURDAY MORNING Workplace Ethics class tomorrow.  The first part of the semester focuses on...drumroll please...EMPLOYMENT LAW!  WEEEEEEE!!!!  Now, don't get me wrong, I'm sure employment law really is fascinating, but what do you do if you don't even understand a large amount of the words in the book?!  How about the phrase "writ of mandamus"?  If you know that one off the top of your head (attorneys excluded!), then my hats off to you!  Luckily, I have a father, mother, and brother who are all attorneys, and I have already soliticed their advice on the best way to navigate this book!  My father's first suggestion was to purchase a copy of "Black's Law Dictionary."  He said if I couldn't find a used one at the bookstore, that he would just mail me the one my grandfather used when he was in law school...in 1936!  It might a be a little musty, but it would pretty neat to use your grandfather's law dictionary from 1936, wouldn't it?  I think I am just going to just pray that the teacher will have mercy on us poor students tomorrow and tell us that she is going to spoon feed us every bit of employment law that we need to know!  Just kidding!  Well....kind of. ;-)

So, my friends, that is how I am spending this Friday night in the nation's capitol.  Just me and my trusty copy of Employment Law!  I know, you're jealous and you wish you could be me right this second. ;-)

Whatever you may be doing (employment law or otherwise!) I hope you are having a wonderful Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment