Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ode to a Lifesaver

Never would I ever have thought that one of those "lifesavers" in my life would be anything close to this contraption:


For you mothers out there, I'm sure you already know what this things is.  For those of you who have no clue, it is a Baby Bjorn.  Recently, it has become the only place where baby Erin likes to perch during the day....the ENTIRE day.  Yes, she eats AND sleeps in it.  The little chicken is the happiest (with me, atleast!) when she is completely upright with full view of everything that is going on.  Now, if she were still a newborn and weighed 6 pounds, we'd be in business.  But, she is now 3 months old and getting near 13 pounds, so that translates into an 8 hour workout for her nanny!  I actually kicked the soccer ball around with the older girls yesterday while she SLEPT in this thing!  To me, she looks so uncomfortable all squished and strapped in it, but she is happier no where else and I'm not about to disrupt a happy baby's happiness!  An added bonus is that when she eats in it, the "squished" effect caused her to burp on her own!  Who can complain about that, right?!  As I am typing this blog entry she is laid back and sound asleep in her Bjorn.  I'm happy that she's happy, but I may need a chiropractor before things are all said and done!

Hope you all have a wonderful afternoon and that you are able to "take a load off" when your day is over...like I'm going to!

No comments:

Post a Comment