OK, this is getting just a bit comical, don't you agree?? We currently have this in DC:
Issued by The National Weather Service
3:15 pm EST, Sun., Feb. 7, 2010
... WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON.
* PRECIPITATION TYPE... SNOW.
* ACCUMULATIONS... POTENTIAL FOR 5 OR MORE INCHES OF SNOW.
* TIMING... MID TO LATE TUESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON.
* TEMPERATURES... TEMPERATURES AT OR JUST ABOVE FREEZING AT THE ONSET TUESDAY AFTERNOON. TEMPERATURES WILL DROP INTO THE MID TO UPPER 20S TUESDAY NIGHT AND WEDNESDAY.
* WINDS... LIGHT SOUTHEASTERLY WINDS TUESDAY BECOMING NORTH- NORTHWESTERLY 15 TO 25 MPH WEDNESDAY.
A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.
Maybe I shouldn't have paid those guys to dig my car out of the snow this morning???