Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I am now the proud nanny of....

THREE little girls!!  The O'Brien's are the proud parents of a brand new baby girl...Erin Shea O'Brien.  I am so happy for them and cannot wait to meet her!  I arrived at work this morning and Gretchen and Lucy both couldn't wait to share the exciting news with me.  It was one of those "I want to tell her first!" situations!  In an attempt to keep things fair (and avoid any meltdowns!), I asked for one of them to tell me what the baby was and for the other to tell me the name. ;-)  They are both so proud that they are now BOTH big sisters! 

Aside from the excitement going on at the O'Brien house, I have a little something I am pretty excited about myself.  Here is a hint:


If you haven't already guessed, I am making a trip down South!  I am flying home this Friday morning and will be there for 5 days.  I know making a trip home after only six weeks seems soon, but Georgetown has next Monday off (Columbus Day) and I decided to take advantage and have a fall break.  I cannot wait to see my family and friends!  They have no idea how much I miss them!

There is one other "person" that I am especially excited about seeing.  Here she is in all her fluffy glory:


This is my precious cat and best friend, Bunch.  She was a stray that appeared at my parents house in 2005.  She lived outside at their house until I decided to adopt her in around January 2006.  I paid the ridiculously expensive pet deposit, loaded her up, and brought her to my apartment in Birmingham and have been attached to her ever since.  She has been with me through the ups, downs and all arounds of the past three years! 

When I decided to move to DC, I of course would not even consider leaving Bunch behind.  I knew that I would just die without her.  Well, after looking at a dozen apartments (the only ones I could find that allowed pets) and not finding anything worth renting, I had to accept the fact that I might have to leave Bunch behind after all.  When I finally found my wonderful apartment, the landlords wanted so badly to let me have Bunch.  Unfortunately, they have a cat allergy in their house and it just wasn't possible for me to bring her.  So, I had myself a good, hard cry and accepted the fact that it was better for me to live in a safe place without Bunch rather than an unsafe place with her.  All I could think was what a terrible mother I was and how depressed she would be without me (and I too without her)!  And I also didn't know what in the world I was going to do with her.  Thankfully, my sweet parents offered to re-adopt her and allow her to live on the second floor of their house.  They have six dogs that go in and out, so obviously the first floor was not going to work!  My parents assure me that she is doing just fine and that she is getting plenty of attention. :-)  I miss her terribly and often have to fight back tears when I come home because she isn't at the door waiting for me.  I can't wait for the day when we are a pair again!

OK, it's time for me to get down to work and hit the books.  Mid-terms are just around the corner!  Let's hope this mouse can put her brain to work and make an A or two!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far! 

No comments:

Post a Comment