Saturday, October 17, 2009

Smitten

Happy Saturday to you!  I woke up this morning to yet another rainy and cold day!  But, like I said in my previous post, I'm a sucker for a good rainy day.  And it makes it easier to stay inside and study when gorgeous weather isn't calling me outside! ;-)

I wanted to give you all an update on my sweet little gals.  Gretchen and Lucy are absolutely taken with their little sister and are always eager to help feed her a bottle, change her diaper, or wrap her up in a warm blanket.  Gretchen will happily take diapers to the garbage can for me...how funny is that?  Of course I don't shy away from taking full advantage of this service!  They love to pat her on the back and give her kisses on the head.  It is such a precious sigh watching them! 



Yesterday was my first day of alone time with baby Erin.  Gretchen and Lucy were at school, so Erin and I had the morning to snuggle up on the couch and listen to the rain.  Like her sweet older sisters, I am smitten with this little peanut!  She is just as beautiful as she can be and is abnormally good!  I never heard her make a single peep yesterday.  She loves to sleep and eat and as long as she's doing either of those, she's a happy baby.  Erin, I hope you continue this pattern of good behavior because you are spoiling your nanny big time! I'm going to have to work on not spoiling her though.  I had a very hard time making myself put her down yesterday!  It's hard resist having a warm little bundle of sweetness in your arms though, isn't it? :-)

Hope you are having a snuggly Saturday wherever you are!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Stew, it looks like you have adjusted so well to DC and to taking care of THREE babies! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete